The KOKUYO Group began when founder Zentaro Kuroda opened a small shop selling ledger covers made with Japanese paper in 1905.
The founder moved from his village to Osaka with the aspiration of making his business the pride of his hometown Etchu (present-day Toyoma Prefecture). Through the brand KOKUYO, which is the current company name KOKUYO, his aspiration has been passed down to the KOKUYO group and captured in its business. In 2004, we enacted the KOKUYO Group CSR Charter based on our corporate philosophy to establish better relations with various stakeholders as a good corporate citizen (which was partially revised in 2012). Our basic policy for ensuring the ongoing growth of society and the KOKUYO Group has been clarified in line with five key themes: our customers, regional communities, environmental conservation, corporate activities, and respect for human rights.
- Without being satisfied with the present conditions, we continue to improve the safety and quality of our entire product line and services.
- Strive to continually innovate society through our business operations by developing new products and services.
RESPECT FOR HUMAN RIGHTS
- Respect the human rights of all individuals involved with or affected by all of our corporate activities.
- We support work environments free from discrimination, and do not approve of child labour or forced labour practices.
- Strive to accept each and every employee’s individual character and personal values, and become
- a company where many different human resources can fully express their abilities and develop themselves.
- Conduct transparent, just, and free competition and business transactions while keeping sound and correct relations with politicians and governmental bodies.
- In order to become a trusted company, we strive for business partner relations that are consistently fair and built upon a foundation of reciprocal cooperation, allowing for mutual growth.
- Recognize our responsibility to increase our corporate value for stockholders, and maintain a corporate management style that earns the trust of society through its transparency and virtue.
- Concentrate the wisdom of each of our employees, and align the actions of our entire company in order to assist in reaching solutions for the common environmental problems facing the world today.
- By developing Eco Products, we strive to decrease the environmental burden over the life cycle of these products and to introduce new environmental engineering and green procurement techniques.
- Contribute towards the advancement of a ‘low carbon society’ by proposing
- Strive to be a trusted ‘corporate citizen’ on both regional and national levels via proactive interaction and planning with regional communities, while respecting regional culture and customs and encouraging their advancement.